Friday, October 20, 2006

Letter From Sherrod Brown

America has always been at its best when we ask not, "What's in it for me," but rather "How can I serve?" In recent years, political leaders in Washington have focused on personal gain instead of an ethic of service and sacrifice for the country we love.

A culture of greed and materialism is undermining the strength of our economy, the health of our democracy, and the ability of parents to raise children with the right values. We need a renewed commitment to understanding the common good as the ultimate goal of public service.

Promoting the common good, a central tenant of many faiths, calls us to serve a purpose larger than ourselves and leave this world better than we found it.

That is why I have launched a new campaign Web site to share the principles and values I will carry with me to the U.S. Senate: http://sherrodbrown.com/pages/principles

With all the negative advertising being dumped into this race, I need your help more than ever to spread my positive message about the change in leadership we need in Washington. Please invite your friends, family and those in your community to visit my new Web site and get involved in our campaign: http://sherrodbrown.com/principles

Thank you for your support,

Rep. Sherrod Brown
Candidate for U.S. Senate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home